All Saints' Church, Ingleby Arncliffe, was built in 1821 close to the site of an earlier church, and is a typical early nineteenth century Gothic church. The old church was located to the south-east of the current building, and was demolished at the same date.
The modern church is a simple stone built building, with a small square tower, sizable nave and smaller chancel. The east window was transferred from the old church, while the west door (built into the tower) was modelled after a 12th century door in the original church (although only the Norman capitals are from the earlier building).
The church also contains three fragments of pre-Conquest stonework, with two stones built into the tower and one into the vestry. A Norse style hog-back tomb, with carved bears grasping each end of the tomb, was found in a hedge bank and is now in the collection of Durham Cathedral.
Inside the church is plastered, and has a flat plastered roof. The church is furnished with enclosed pews, and has a three-decker pulpit.
The east window probably dates to the 14th century, and contains two coats of arms, of the Fauconberg and St. Quintin families, representing the two wives of Sir William Colvill. Sir William is also the subject of one of two stone effigies that have survived from the old church (the other being of his brother Sir Robert).
Grid Reference: NZ 452 002
The church is located about a quarter of a mile to the south-east of Ingleby Cross, the southern part of the village. It is now separated from the village by the A 172