The Church of St. Andrew at Ingleby Greenhow is a Norman church that was restored in 1741 and again in 1906 but that still contains a great many original features.
The church is located at the south-west corner of the village, overlooking Ingleby Beck. The church yard is a triangle, with one side formed by the beck and the other two by Marsh Lane and Church Lane.
The church has a chancel 50ft 6in long by 15ft wide, with a 7ft 6in north aisle, giving the main body of the church a width of 25ft. The chancel is 27ft 3in long by 15ft 9in wide and is lined up with the nave. There is a small tower at south-west corner of the nave. At the western end of the nave there is a south porch and facing it a north vestry. The exterior walls are plain and the windows small. The current roof is a little lower than the tops of the east and west walls, giving the church a somewhat unusual appearance.
The oldest parts of the church date back to the 12th century, but much of the structure was rebuilt in 1741. The chancel arch, nave arcade and part of the west tower are 12th century and the north and south walls of the chancel date back to the 13th century. The building contains many Norman and later medieval features, some still in their original position and others that were reused
Grid Reference: NZ 580 062
The church is located to the south-west of the village, overlooking Ingleby Beck.