The church of St. Mary Magdalene, Faceby, was rebuilt in 1875 on the site of a smaller 12th century church and is a fairly simple tower-less church with chancels and naves of about the same size. The church is located just to the west of the village.
The original church dated back to the 12th century and was a simple rectangular building with a bellcote at the western end. It was demolished in 1875 and a new church built on the same site, reusing some of the same material (in particular the current south door which was originally the 12th century west door).
The current church has a 27ft 6in by 15ft chancel, with an organ chamber to the north and a slightly larger 28ft by 18ft nave with south porch. The church was repaired in 1876 when the chancel was modified to give it its current length.
Grid Reference: NZ 495 030