St. Nicholas's Church, Roxby, was largely rebuilt in 1818, and has a simple main building, with a square tower at the western end.
The church probably dates back to at least the 13th century. This older church was modified in the 17th century, but most of this older church was destroyed in the 1818 reconstruction.
The nave and chancel are now the same width and height, but originally the chancel was probably lower, but was heightened during the 1818 reconstruction. The main entrance is through the west tower, which also has an upper door on the side reached via an external staircase.
The church contains a brass monument (in a slab) to Thomas Boynton (died 1523), in which he took credit for first hallowing the church. There are also monuments to Frances Lady Boynton (d.1634) and Katherine Lady Ingram, a daughter of Thomas Fairfax (d.1666).
The church was closed because of a lack of population in 1894, but was repaired in 1909. It is now a Grade II Listed Building.
Grid Reference: NX 760 163
The church is located at the northern end of the scattered village